Monday, July 13, 2009

A Conversation between I and Me.

Myself was in the bathroom


- “And then ‘he’ enters. I’ll refer to him as thief. Just not because I feel like calling him that but because he looks like that.”
- “Because he looks like that?”
- “Yeah. You know.. how thieves generally look like. They have that thief type look.”
- “Thief type look?”
- Well.. he kind of looks like a thief. As in, if you look at him, the first feeling you get about him is that he is a thief, he will steal something.”
- “How does that feeling come?”
- “I guess it has got something to do with the face.”
- “And his face is like?”
- Ummmmmmm… Let me remember. He has got a small face. Got big hair. But the hair looks kinda fake..as if he has got a wig stitched to his head. I sometimes feel that’s not even his own hair. He has stolen it. And he has eyes which show greed. It feels like everything that he lays his eyes on, he wants it and that too free. Plus the way he smiles and looks around you feel that he thinks himself to be very clever. Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh…… makes me wanna slap the head out of his body.”
- “Calm down man. Calm down. You don’t even know him. Why do you judge him such? He may not be what you think.”
- “As if I care. I get angry just by seeing him. Do you think I control it? It happens. There are certain people who get you angry no matter what.”
- Oke. Who else makes you angry?”
- Ummm.. Let me think. I think there are a few more.”
- “Do you hate them?”
- “I don’t know…I really don’t know. Which is , now that I am thinking about it, is kind of odd.. isn’t it? I mean I know I get angry seeing them. But do I hate them? I don’t know.”
- “Let’s find out.”
- “How?”
- “Think, if one of them, take the ‘thief’ guy gets the attention of the girl you like. Would you hate him?”
- “I would hate anyone who gets the attention of the girl I like.”
- “Okay. Change of question. If he gets the attention of the hottest chick in the class?”
- “I like the hottest chick in the class.”
- oohhhhhh.. oke. Think this guy one day gets humiliated by a teacher. Or better still he gets he gets beaten up by seniors of your college. Would you like that thing happening?”
- “I would love it.”
- “Then it’s clear. You hate him.”
- “ How?”
- “When you get pleasure at the fact that someone is getting hurt, you must be hating him.”
- “ I don’t hate him. It’s just that he makes me angry. And I ‘HATE’ being angry. So, I call it ‘Tit for Tat’.
- “‘Tit for Tat’? Does it even make sense here?”
- “No it doesn’t. That’s why I said I can’t control those feeling towards him. Whatever those feeling are. May be it is HATE.”
- “So you agree that you hate him.”
- “Yeah. I guess so. But…”
- “But what?”
- “Now I want him to hate me.”
- “Why do you want that to happen?”
- “Else I’ll feel guilty that I hate a person without reason. If he hates me then I’ve got a god reason to hate him. Feelings should be mutual. Isn’t it?”

No comments: