Friday, September 12, 2008

The Mirror Conversation


Sid     :   Mirror, mirror on the wall,

              Who’s the cleverest of them all?

Mirror:   Me.

Sid     :   What?

Mirror:   Nothing.

Sid     :   You said something just now.

Mirror:   I replied ‘Me’.

Sid     :   Why you?

Mirror:   Why not me?

Sid     :   [Thinking] You are just a part of me.

Mirror:   Who said so?

Sid     :   Am saying so, you moron. Can’t I see myself in there?  Don’t I know how I look? You are my reflection.

Mirror:   Then why did you ask me the question?

Sid     :   [Visibly confused] Umm.. just to assert myself.

Mirror:   [Chuckling] Yes. I am your reflection. A reflection of how stupid you are.

Sid     :   [Confused] Why? Why stupid?

Mirror:   [Smirking] You think you see your reflection. But I just show you what you want to see. And you are such a fool that you don’t even get it. You just bask in false self glory. You don’t even get that it is not reality. Just a little praise and that makes your day.

Sid      :   [Angry]And what makes you so clever?

Mirror :   [Smiling proudly] That I get this stupidity of yours. Your so called basic need of appreciation to sustain in this world. You will do anything to get that. You will skip your breakfast for 5 days but you got to have caramel pop corn and coke while watching a movie so that people think how classy you are. Such pathetic souls that you even have to ask a mirror to feel good.

Sid      :   [Angry] Oh yeah!!! Just what I wanted to hear!!! You son of a bitch. You think you are so fucking clever..huh!!! If you were clever you would have kept your mouth shut. Now have a happy piece-ful life.

Mirror :   [Scared]No Master!!! No!!!

Sid      :   [Surprised]Master??? You never said anything like this to me before.

Mirror :   [Ashamed]Sorry Master. I forgot that being clever isn’t everything.I forgot that with great powers come great corruption. You have the power. I beg your mercy. I’ll do whatever you say. Please.

Sid       :  [Thinking] You did cost me a lot of money. I better give you another chance. But make sure you never again say anything that displeases me.

Mirror  :   [Tears in eyes] Thank you Master. I’ll never forget this act of gratitude.

 

 

 

Next day Sid wakes up late. He sees his brother, Surd, getting ready for his office. He is standing in front of the mirror.

 

 

Surd    :   Mirror, mirror on the wall

               Who's the cleverest of them all?

Mirror  :   You, Master.

3 comments:

Gour@v said...

Well this conversation is so unique yet so deep in its meaning!!
Its of a kind only Sid can write..excellent buildup....i loved it!

Unknown said...

i love it.

even re-reading it gives me pleasure!

keep writing twing :)

Unknown said...

i read again
:)